Daniel Romano – Modern Pressure
$10.00 – $14.00
Modern Pressure is Daniel Romano’s ambitious and surprising new album, twelve tracks that boldly ask “What age is this? What blooming weight do we carry?”. Written in observational scrutiny beneath the overcast atmosphere of 2016, the record vigorously tackles the present-day heaviness we contain in the jotting bones of our guilty expressions. It pleads for the restoration of empathy and resonance, to fill the empty chamber once again.
In this chamber, Romano’s voice leads as a lantern. Prolific and resourceful as ever, the recording phase took place in a minimalistic cabin in secluded Finnsäs, Sweden over the month of August 2016 (with additional string and horn players being added at Baldwin Street Sound in Toronto, ON in October, 2016). Engineered by long-time collaborator Kenneth Meehan, the fevered pace of work lent itself to the unrestrained and undeviated nature of the songs themselves.
Romano holds a pivotal key to the exploration of our present day condition; he takes another valiant and dynamic stride. Modern Pressure is his first album for You’ve Changed Records since 2010’s classic Sleep Beneath The Willow.
LP versions of Modern Pressure include a digital download of the album.
- Ugly Human Heart Pt. 1
- Modern Pressure
- The Pride Of Queens
- When I Learned Your Name
- Sucking The Old World Dry/li>
- Ugly Human Heart Pt. 2
- Impossible Green
- Jennifer Castle
- Dancing With The Lady In The Moon
- I Tried To Hold The World (In My Mouth)
- What's To Become Of The Meaning Of Love
- All music and lyrics by Daniel Romano
- (Fake Love Songs) lyrics by Chris 'Loons' O'Toole
- All performances by Daniel Romano
- Additional performances by: Mark Lalama (piano), Aaron Goldstein (pedal steel), Raha Javanfar (violin), Brian Moyer (trumpet)
- Recorded in Finnsnäs, Karlstad, Sweden by Daniel Romano and Kenneth Roy Meehan
- Additional recording at the Old Sumbler House in Fenwick, Ontario and Baldwin Street Sound in Toronto, ON by Kenneth Roy Meehan
- Mixed by Dan Weston, Daniel Romano and Kenneth Roy Meehan
- Mastered by Dan Weston
- Photo by Kay Berkel
- Artwork and Layout by Daniel Romano